Duden language technology together with its partners in industry and science carries out research and development projects in the fields of knowledge management and computer linguistics. Duden’s spelling and grammar are regarded as trend-setting and leading on the market. The products developed by Duden cover the most comprehensive and profoundly edited word-list.
Duden’s linguistic decisions and technologies maintaining the professional written communication are seamlessly intertwined with dictionary software for PDAs und Smartphones by Paragon Software Group (Smart Handheld Devices Division) the world's leading provider of software for mobile platforms.
Paragon high-quality dictionary software makes the following Duden dictionaries available on Windows Mobile devices:
Opportunities you gain with Duden dictionaries for Windows Mobile:
- NEW! Browse the dictionary with the touch of a finger! Improved and intuitive touch oriented dictionary interface lets you use Duden dictionary with only your finger-tips (available only for phones with touch screens).
- Enter the words on your native language easier using on-screen Virtual Keyboard for more than 25 languages (available only for phones with non-touch screens).
- Reading books, documents, and web-pages on your PDA you can get word translation, explanation or necessary reference quickly by using the Resident Module without leaving your active application. So you do not need to waste time on launching Duden dictionary every time you need it;
- Listen to correct pronunciation of the difficult words with built-in German Sound Module provided by ARD databank, containing audio samples pre-recorded by native speakers; with sound module you won’t hesitate how to pronounce such words like Ayurveda, Baht, Micropayment, Nonprofitunternehmen, Telenovela, volatil, Weblog etc., and will learn about pronunciation variants in such disputable cases as Audit and Magenta;
- Study the language in the most effective way and check yourself with the words you have added to Flash Cards from the dictionary
- NEW! List of similar words in case of misspelling.
- Keep your Duden dictionary always up-to-date. New Online Update feature lets you know of updated dictionary version available for download and you can also set up frequency of update check.
- Discover new dictionaries and download it directly to your device with the built-in Online dictionary catalog.
- Learn how to use Duden dictionary with the help of colorful and animated Tutorial in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Simplified languages.
- Irregular English and German verbs
- Hyperlinks between different related articles and directions to check your comprehension
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Search History to see the translation of last 30 words
- Improved usability with faster interface on Windows Mobile devices
- Supports multiple dictionaries installed at a time with rapid switch amongst them
- Optional font size to set customer interface in accordance with your taste
- Dictionary interface is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Simplified languages.
- Dictionary installation on memory cards to save main memory-space for other programs and applications
Find out more…
Windows Mobile 6.5/6.1/6.0 Standard, Classic and Professional; Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC & Smartphone devices.
The number of translations in Duden dictionary demo-version is limited. The more often you use the dictionary the more notifications about demo version you get. To save you time we provided a new way of purchasing and registering Duden dictionary for Windows Mobile. Now you do not need to search the product on the web, you can purchase dictionary just from your device. To do this, go to Menu->Registration->Buy.