For almost 30 years PONS has been developing hallmark green dictionaries and language courses for lifelong learning - for students, professional users, travelers and hobby linguists. From Chinese to Turkish, for beginners or experts, over 500 dictionaries and language courses provide study materials and reference for every level.
PONS dictionaries for Windows Mobile present popular bilingual Talking PONS Advanced English dictionary containing the high-quality dictionary databases from PONS GmbH and the SlovoEd application engine from Paragon Software (SHDD), the world's leading provider of software for mobile platforms.
Talking PONS Advanced English dictionary is the most popular dictionary of its kind and is noted for the latest comprehensive coverage of the German-speaking world. The dictionary consists of English-German and German-English dictionaries with about 120,000 words. PONS dictionary will be the first choice for students, teachers, translators, and German-speakers learning English.
- 315,000 detailed meaning differentiations
- Usage examples and useful phrases for everyday life
- Explanations of new and old orthography
- Modern vocabulary from a wide variety of areas such as the Internet, new media trends, etc.
- Detailed information on life and culture in English and German-speaking countries
Improve your language skills with PONS dictionary:
- NEW! Browse the dictionary with the touch of a finger! Improved and intuitive touch oriented dictionary interface lets you use PONS dictionary with only your finger-tips (available only for phones with touch screens).
- Check correct word pronunciation with Sound Modules, containing pre-recorded voice of English and German native speakers. NEW! Increased number of pronunciations!
- Enter the words on your native language easier using on-screen Virtual Keyboard for more than 25 languages (available only for phones with non-touch screens).
- Read books, documents and web-pages just from your PDA and quickly translate unknown words without leaving your active application by using the Resident Module. All translations are provided in pop-up windows.
- Find the translation of the word in any grammatical form with help of built-in Morphology Module for English, French and Spanish languages. Word forms are also provided.
- Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using PONS dictionary. Check yourself with the words you have added to Flash Cards from the dictionary.
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using wildcards ("*", "?" replace a letter and group of letters).
- Keep your PONS dictionary always up-to-date. New Online Update feature lets you know of updated dictionary version available for download and you can also set up frequency of update check.
- Discover new dictionaries and download it directly to your device with the built-in Online dictionary catalog.
- Learn how to use PONS dictionary with the help of colorful and animated Tutorial in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Simplified languages.
- Irregular English and German verbs
- Hyperlinks between different related articles and directions to check your comprehension
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Search History to see the translation of last 30 words
- Improved usability with faster interface on Windows Mobile devices
- Supports multiple dictionaries installed at a time with rapid switch amongst them
- Optional font size to set customer interface in accordance with your taste
- Dictionary interface is available in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Simplified languages.
- Dictionary installation on memory cards to save main memory-space for other programs and applications
Find out more…
Windows Mobile 6.5/6.1/6.0 Standard, Classic and Professional; Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC & Smartphone devices.
The number of translations in PONS dictionary demo-version is limited. The more often you use the dictionary the more notifications about demo version you get. To save you time we provided a new way of purchasing and registering PONS dictionary for Windows Mobile. Now you do not need to search the product on the web, you can purchase dictionary just from your device. To do this, go to Menu->Registration->Buy.
Detailed instructions how to install, register and use PONS dictionary for Windows Mobile are available on the following languages:
Talking PONS Advanced English dictionary for Windows Mobile
Dictionary database is powered by PONS GmbH.
English-German dictionary contains 55,017 entries
German-English dictionary contains 62,154 entries
English sound module contains 51191 words
German sound module contains 20000 words
Memory required: 134.8 MB