Dar El Ilm Lilmalayin is the oldest and largest leading privately owned publishing and distribution house of Arabic books and educational materials in the Arab world. It is also the first and major Arabic electronic multimedia producer company in the Arab world.
Dar El Ilm Lilmalayin published the first best selling Arabic electronic book (Al Mawrid dictionary). Furthermore, it is the first publishing house to set up a Web site on the Internet in 1994. In 1998, it helped produce an electronic handheld Arabic Dictionary with Franklin.
El Ilm Lilmalayin presents Al-Mawrid Al-Qareeb Arabic-English and English-Arabic Dictionary for Windows Mobile containing the high-quality dictionary databases and the SlovoEd application engine from Paragon Software, the world's leading provider of software for mobile platforms.
Al-Mawrid Al-Qareeb Arabic-English and English-Arabic Dictionary is the most advanced dictionary in Arabic-speaking world. The dictionary contains more than 33,000 words with many related appendices and English examples of audio pronunciations. Comprehensive coverage of the vocabulary and useful phrases for everyday life will be the great help for both language learners and translators.
Improve your language skills with Al-Mawrid dictionary:
- Browse the dictionary with the touch of a finger! Improved and intuitive touch oriented dictionary interface lets you use Al-Mawrid’s dictionary with only your finger-tips (available only for phones with touch screens).
- Read books, documents and web-pages just from your PDA and quickly translate unknown words without leaving your active application by using the Resident Module. All translations are provided in pop-up windows.
- Find the translation of the word in any grammatical form with help of built-in Morphology Module for English language. Word forms are also provided.
- Check correct word pronunciation with English Sound Modules, containing pre-recorded voice of native speakers.
- Enter the words on your native language easier using on-screen Virtual Keyboard for more than 25 languages (available only for phones with non-touch screens).
- Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Al-Mawrid’s dictionary. Check yourself with the words you have added to Flash Cards from the dictionary.
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using wildcards ("*", "?" replace a letter and group of letters).
- Keep your Al-Mawrid’s dictionary always up-to-date. New Online Update feature lets you know of updated dictionary version available for download and you can also set up frequency of update check.
- Discover new dictionaries and download it directly to your device with the built-in Online dictionary catalog.
- Learn how to use Al-Mawrid’s dictionary with the help of colorful and animated Tutorial in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Simplified languages.
- Irregular English verbs
- Hyperlinks between different related articles and directions to check your comprehension
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Search History to see the translation of last 30 words
- Supports multiple dictionaries installed at a time with rapid switch amongst them
- Optional font size to set customer interface in accordance with your taste
- Dictionary interface is available in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Simplified languages.
- Dictionary installation on memory cards to save main memory-space for other programs and applications
Find out more…
Windows Mobile 6.5/6.1/6.0 Standard, Classic and Professional; Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC & Smartphone devices.
The number of translations in Al-Mawrid dictionary demo-version is limited. The more often you use the dictionary the more notifications about demo version you get. To save you time we provided a new way of purchasing and registering Al-Mawrid dictionary for Windows Mobile. Now you do not need to search the product on the web, you can purchase dictionary just from your device. To do this, go to Menu->Registration->Buy.
Detailed instructions how to install, register and use Al-Mawrid dictionary for Windows Mobile are available on the following languages:
English Talking Al-Mawrid Al-Qareeb Arabic-English & English-Arabic dictionary for Windows Mobile
Dictionary database is powered by Dar El Ilm Lilmalayin.
The dictionary contains more than 33.000 words with many related appendices and English examples of audio pronunciations.
English sound module contains 20.000 words.
Memory required: 70 MB