Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. The preparation of dictionaries, of all types and for all ages, has been a central part of its activities for more than 100 years.
Oxford for Symbian UIQ 3.0 presents The Concise Oxford English Dictionary, Concise Oxford Thesaurus Dictionary and The Oxford Russian Dictionary containing the high-quality dictionary databases and the SlovoEd application engine from Epocware/Paragon Software (SHDD), the world's leading provider of software for mobile platforms.
Each SlovoEd software dictionary engine of Epocware/Paragon Software (SHDD) is full of unique features that enable you to use the dictionary on your mobile device. The engine is developed in strict accordance with the design philosophy of Symbian OS platform and compatible with a wide range of modern devices.
Two industry leaders have combined their efforts to provide a revolutionary combination of high-quality reference content and state-of-the-art technology for your translation needs.
Oxford dictionaries features:
- Rapid access to database, low memory consumption due to unique compression technology that provides you with high data compression ratio to help you wisely manage your time
- Dictionary installation on memory cards to save main memory-space for another programs and applications
- Search History to see the translation last 15 words
- Cross-lookup feature between articles and directions to check your comprehension
- Optional letter size to set customer interface in accordance with your taste
- Phonetic transcriptions, explanatory notes and usage examples
- Several dictionaries installation with the various languages choice (rapid switch amongst dictionaries available, dictionary activation/deactivation option)