||Brockhaus Duden Neue Medien GmbH in Mannheim is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bibliographical Institute & F. A. Brockhaus AG publishing house.
It develops and brings to market digital products and services of brands Brockhaus, Duden and Meyers such as "Brockhaus multimedial" and "Duden Korrektor".
||Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It fürthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. The preparation of dictionaries, of all types and for all ages, has been a central part of its activities for more than 100 years.
The efforts of Duden editorial staff and Oxford University Press were united to create the most up-to-date dictionary of modern English and German. Duden-Oxford English-German dictionary for S60 3rd Edition presents the fullest stocks of words for the both languages spoken by approximately 420 millions of people on Earth. Together with Paragon Software Group, one of the leading developers of innovative software on the world’s software market, industry leaders have combined their efforts to provide a brilliant solution for translation.
Duden-Oxford English-German dictionary
Two competent publishers in a single volume
Duden-Oxford English-German dictionary for S60 3rd Edition includes present-day English and German vocabulary. It is the new edition that offers practical advice on how to use idiomatic expressions and stable statements in every-day oral and written speech. Keywords are supplied with information notes on grammar, style, and pronunciation. The dictionary presents numerous examples of word usage in the context of a certain sentence. Such important language layers as regional and national distinctive features of the language are also thoroughly treated in the dictionary.
The pack also contains Documents folder that presents pdf. instructions on German and English grammar, country study, letter and e-mail samples, tips for phone talks and SMS writing, which are of great interest for language learners of different levels. These informative documents are available on desktop for your comfortable reading.
This reference book is specially meant for translators and interpreters, students, scholars, officials of international enterprises, and everyone, who would like to be positive about his German.
- Round 300 000 keywords
- About 470 000 translations
- 6 000 new words
- Sound Module provided by ARD databank contains 8 000 German pronunciation samples of difficult words
Opportunities you gain with Duden dictionaries for S60 3rd Edition:
- Find the translation of the word in any grammatical form with help of built-in Morphology Module for English language
- Enter the words on your native language easier using on-screen Virtual Keyboard for 29 languages
- Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Duden dictionaries. Check yourself with the words you have added to Flash Cards from the dictionary.
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using wildcards ("*", "?", etc.)
- Several dictionaries installation with the various languages choice (rapid switch amongst dictionaries available, dictionary activation/deactivation option) allow you to have as many dictionary bases as you want in one
- Cross-lookup feature between articles and directions
- Search History to see the list of last 15 translations