Collins has been at the forefront of dictionary publishing for over 175 years and is one of the world’s most respected and market leading dictionaries and language learning publishers. With all its heritage and expertise Collins prides itself on delivering up-to-date, accessible and innovative language products to meet the needs of all users from students to professionals in print, online or via mobile; for these reasons Collins dictionary products remain a top choice for generations.
We are glad to present Collins Dictionaries for Windows Mobile Pocket PC, three perfect bilingual English dictionaries containing the high-quality authoritative dictionary databases from © HarperCollins Publishers and the Slovoed application engine from Paragon Software (SHDD), the world's leading provider of software for mobile platforms and computers.
Improve your language skills with Collins dictionary:
- Browse the dictionary with the touch of a finger: the improved and intuitive touch oriented dictionary interface lets you use the dictionary with only your fingertips (available only for phones with touch screens).
- This application has a multilingual interface available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified.
- Check the correct word pronunciation with English and Russian Sound Modules, containing pre-recorded voice of native speakers.
- By using the Resident Module, you can quickly translate unknown words while reading books, documents and web-pages without leaving your active application. All translations are provided in pop-up windows.
- Find the translation of a word in any grammatical form with help of built-in Morphology Module for English and Russian languages. Word forms are also provided.
- Enter words easier using an on-screen Virtual Keyboard for more than 25 languages (available only for phones with touch screens).
- Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Collins dictionaries. Quiz yourself with the words you have added to Flash Cards from the dictionary.
- Find words even if you don’t know its exact spelling using wildcards ("*", "?") to replace a letter and group of letters.
- Keep your Collins dictionaries always up-to-date. New Online Update feature lets you know if an updated dictionary version is available for download and you can also set the most convenient for you frequency of check for updates.
- Discover new dictionaries and download it directly to your device with the built-in online dictionary catalog.
- Learn how to use Collins dictionaries with the help of colorful and animated Tutorial in English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Chinese Simplified.
- Irregular English verbs
- Hyperlinks between different related articles and directions to check your comprehension
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Search History to view the translation of last 30 words
- Improved usability with faster interface on Windows Mobile devices
- Supports multiple dictionaries installed at a time with a rapid switch amongst them
- Optional font size to set the interface in tune with your preferances
- Dictionary interface is available in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Simplified.
- Dictionary installation on memory cards to save memory for other programs and applications
Find out more…
Windows Mobile 6.5/6.1/6.0 Standard, Classic and Professional; Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC & Smartphone devices.
The number of translations in Collins dictionary demo-version is limited. The more often you use the dictionary, the more notifications about demo version you get. To save you time, we provided a new way of purchasing and registering Collins dictionary for Windows Mobile Pocket PC. Now you do not need to search the product on the web, you can purchase dictionary right from your device. To do this, go to Menu->Registration->Buy.
Detailed instructions on how to install, register and use Collins dictionary for Windows Mobile Pocket PC are available on the following languages: