Merriam-Webster is America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works. The company publishes a diverse array of print products. Dictionary making at Merriam-Webster has always been an ongoing process. Even as the 1859 edition was being published, editorial work on a completely new edition was under way.
Merriam-Webster dictionaries for Windows Mobile presents popular monolingual and bilingual dictionaries containing the high-quality dictionary databases and the Slovoed application engine from Paragon Software (SHDD), the world's leading provider of software for mobile platforms.
Two industry leaders have combined their efforts to provide a revolutionary combination of high-quality reliable reference content and state-of-the-art technology for your translation needs.
Improve your language skills with Merriam-Webster dictionary:
- NEW! Browse the dictionary with the touch of a finger! Improved and intuitive touch oriented dictionary interface lets you use Merriam-Webster dictionary with only your finger-tips!
- Read books, documents and web-pages just from your PDA and quickly translate unknown words without leaving your active application by using the Resident Module. All translations are provided in pop-up windows.
- Find the translation of the word in any grammatical form with help of built-in Morphology Module. Word forms are also provided.
- Check correct word pronunciation with additional Merriam-Webster English Sound Module, containing pre-recorded voice of native speakers.
- Study the language in the easiest and most effective way using Merriam-Webster dictionary. Check yourself with the words you have added to Flash Cards from the dictionary.
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using wildcards ("*", "?" replace a letter and group of letters).
- Keep your Merriam-Webster dictionary always up-to-date. New Online Update feature lets you know of updated dictionary version available for download and you can also set up frequency of update check.
- Discover new dictionaries and download it directly to your device with the built-in Online dictionary catalog.
- Learn how to use Merriam-Webster dictionary with the help of colorful and animated Tutorial in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Simplified languages.
- Irregular English verbs
- Hyperlinks between different related articles and directions to check your comprehension
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Search History to see the translation of last 30 words
- Improved usability with faster interface on Windows Mobile devices
- Supports multiple dictionaries installed at a time with rapid switch amongst them
- Optional font size to set customer interface in accordance with your taste
- Dictionary interface is available in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Simplified languages.
- Dictionary installation on memory cards to save main memory-space for other programs and applications
Find out more…
Windows Mobile 6.5/6.1/6.0 Classic and Professional; Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC devices.
The number of translations in Merriam-Webster dictionary demo-version is limited. The more often you use the dictionary the more notifications about demo version you get. To save you time we provided a new way of purchasing and registering Merriam-Webster dictionary for Windows Mobile Pocket PC. Now you do not need to search the product on the web, you can purchase dictionary just from your device. To do this, go to Menu->Registration->Buy.
Detailed instructions how to install, register and use Merriam-Webster dictionary for Windows Mobile Pocket PC are available on the following languages: