Use Ukrainian on Palm OS device with Ukrainian PiLoc
Ukrainian PiLoc provides Ukrainian Palm OS localization.
Ukrainian PiLoc creates an environment to operate with Palm OS in Ukrainian. PiLoc is
a common solution of Palm OS localization problem, chosen by a number of Palm OS
European PalmSource Developer Conference 2003 PiLoc Palm OS localization technology
was recognized as the winner of 2003 European Palm Powered Up Award in the
Productivity Tools category.
"PiLoc provides an industry-leading, comprehensive approach to national
language support that is highly-integrated with Palm OS" - said
Larry Berkin, Director, Global Developer Marketing, PalmSource, Inc.
Ukrainian PiLoc features:
- System fonts replacement to add Ukrainian characters.
- Alternative Ukrainian Graffiti layout to write Ukrainian letters. Letters in
Ukrainian Graffiti layout look similar to their natural hand-written styles.
- Alternative on-screen keyboard layout for Ukrainian letters input.
- Special module for external keyboard is included. Allows using portable
keyboards to type in Ukrainian.
- Correct Ukrainian text search and sorting operations.
- Optional: full translation of Palm OS to Ukrainian (all icons, menu, dialogs
of built-in Palm OS applications will be translated). Please, check if your
device is supported at Ukrainian PiLoc
- 4 Ukrainian encoding types support (Windows, KOI, Mac and ISO). Encoding can
be switched at any time from any application even when working with
full-translated interface. Multiple encoding support allows to browse
internet pages in Ukrainian and work with e-mail messages containing
- Possibility to install and use several localization systems (for example,
Hebrew and Ukrainian).
- Possibility to use custom fonts instead of the default ones: any ready font
can be converted to be installed together with PiLoc with the special Fonts Compiler utility.
- Ukrainian language support launches automatically after system reset.
Program is protected from cycling reset.
- Supports installation into a Flash-ROM.
Open API allows developers to
change PiLoc parameters from their applications at run-time.
Special utility PiLoc Monitor
allows to configure national language support for each application separately.
Screenshots of Ukrainian PiLoc
We also recommend you to try Palm OS dictionaries.
good pro, receiving in time
A reviewer from Ukraine, Ternopil, 2004-09-19 12:08:06
"Good soft,friendly communication with support staff,receiving pro numbers in
Just suits the needs
A reviewer from Moscow, 2001-11-13 06:47:19
"First I was trying to use 3 languages at a time (Russian, English and Ukrainian).
It was not possible via standard means. The technical support readily proposed the PiLoc Monitor to
help in that. Actually my goal was to read Ukrainian letters and texts with Russian layout as a
default. That is done simply by installing Ukrainian fonts. Great thanks to developers!"