Use Turkish on Palm OS device with Turkish PiLoc
Turkish PiLoc provides Turkish Palm OS localization.
Turkish PiLoc creates an environment to operate with Palm OS in Turkish. PiLoc is a
common solution of Palm OS localization problem, chosen by a number of Palm OS
European PalmSource Developer Conference 2003 PiLoc Palm OS localization technology
was recognized as the winner of 2003 European Palm Powered Up Award in the
Productivity Tools category.
"PiLoc provides an industry-leading, comprehensive approach to national
language support that is highly-integrated with Palm OS" - said
Larry Berkin, Director, Global Developer Marketing, PalmSource, Inc.
Turkish PiLoc features:
- System fonts replacement to add Turkish characters.
- Modified Graffiti layout to write Turkish letters.
- Alternative on-screen keyboard layout for Turkish letters input.
- Special module for external keyboard is included. Allows using portable
keyboards to type in Turkish.
- Correct Turkish text search and sorting operations.
- Special add-on utility TurkishToGo allows using Turkish in Word To Go application.
- Optional: full translation of Palm OS to Turkish (all icons, menu, dialogs
of built-in Palm OS applications will be translated). Please, check if your
device is supported at Turkish PiLoc
- Possibility to install and use several localization systems (for example,
Turkish and Norwegian).
- Possibility to use custom fonts instead of the default ones: any ready font
can be converted to be installed together with PiLoc with the special Fonts Compiler utility.
- Turkish language support launches automatically after system reset. Program
is protected from cycling reset.
- Supports installation into a Flash-ROM.
Open API allows developers to
change PiLoc parameters from their applications at run-time.
Special utility PiLoc Monitor
allows to configure national language support for each application separately.
Screenshots of Turkish PiLoc
We also recommend you to try Palm OS dictionaries.
Good product, good support
A reviewer from Istanbul, Turkey, 2003-09-06 04:45:14
"Works well on Palm OS 5.0. Also works OK with Graffiti Anywhere. Support is
good and responsive"
A reviewer from New York City, 2003-04-18 13:59:56
"Great utility that worked like a charm with my Palm IIIc and now with my Palm
Tungsten W. When you team it up with a dictionary like BDictionary, it's really elegant."