Use Russian language on Palm OS organizer with Russian PiLoc localization
Russian PiLoc provides the Russian Palm OS localization.
Russian PiLoc creates an environment to operate with Palm OS in Russian. Russian
PiLoc is a common solution of Palm OS localization problem, chosen by a number of
Palm OS device resellers in Russia.
At the European PalmSource Developer Conference 2003 PiLoc Palm OS
localization technology was recognized as the winner of 2003 European Palm Powered
Up Award in the Productivity Tools category.
"PiLoc provides an industry-leading, comprehensive approach to national
language support that is highly-integrated with Palm OS" - said
Larry Berkin, Director, Global Developer Marketing, PalmSource, Inc.
Russian PiLoc features:
- System fonts replacement to add Russian characters.
- Correct Russian text search and sorting operations.
- Alternative on-screen keyboard layout for Russian letters input.
- 3 Alternative Russian Graffiti layouts to write Russian letters. Letters in
Russian Graffiti look similar to their natural hand-written styles.
- Special add-on utility RussianToGo allows using Russian in Word To Go application.
- Optional: full Palm OS Russian translation (all icons, menu, dialogs of
built-in Palm OS applications will be translated). Please, check if your
device is supported at Russian PiLoc
- 4 Russian encoding types support (Windows-1251, KOI8-R, Mac+ and ISO8859-5).
Encoding can be switched at any time from any application even when working
with full translated interface. Multiple encoding support allows to browse
internet pages in Russian and work with e-mail messages containing Russian
- Mac+ encoding makes possible for Machintosh users to synchronize data in
Russian without patching desktop computer.
- Special module for external keyboard is included. Allows to use portable
keyboards to type in Russian.
- Supports installation of several Palm OS localization systems (for example,
Russian and Hebrew or Russian and Ukrainian).
- Possibility to use custom fonts instead of the default ones: any ready font
can be converted to be installed together with PiLoc Palm OS localization
with the special Fonts
- Russian Palm OS language support launches automatically after system reset.
Program is protected from cycling reset.
- PiLoc Palm OS localization supports installation into a Flash-ROM.
- Compatible with all Palm OS devices including devices with high-resolution
screen and all Palm OS local versions (German, French, Italian etc.).
Open API allows developers to
change PiLoc Palm OS localization parameters from their applications at run-time.
If you own Palm TX, Treo 650, Treo 680, Treo 700p or Palm Centro please select one of the following appropriate PiLoc localization versions:
Screenshots of Russian PiLoc Palm OS localization
We also recommend
Additional utility PiLoc Monitor allows to configure Palm OS national language support for each application separately.
Slovoed bidirectional English-Russian and Russian-English dictionaries for Palm OS with high quality word-bases for world famous language reference publishers.
an awsome program
A reviewer from Vancouver, Canada, 2006-03-19 10:51:15
"About a year ago I bought Russian PiLoc. It has proven to be invaluable. Because
my Palm device operates in English only, there was no way for me to use my Russian/English dictionary.
However, I can now use this dictionary with PiLoc. Not only am I most pleased with the product, but I
also found the website customer service to be prompt and effective. I would highly recommend your
products and services to everyone."
Great with multilingual dictionaries
A reviewer from San Francisco, CA, 2006-02-08 15:51:30
"I upgraded to Multilex from Slovoed because of the very large vocabulary, the
pronunciation of the words provided and ease of use. Use it constantly switching between the Russian
and English dictionaries, much more convenient that any of the conventional dictionaries. You?ll need
to buy the Piloc as well. After elaborate research I could not find anything better for multilingual