Use Latvian on Palm OS device with Latvian PiLoc
Latvian PiLoc provides Latvian Palm OS localization.
Latvian PiLoc creates an environment to operate with Palm OS in Latvian. PiLoc is a
common solution of Palm OS localization problem, chosen by a number of Palm OS
European PalmSource Developer Conference 2003 PiLoc Palm OS localization technology
was recognized as the winner of 2003 European Palm Powered Up Award in the
Productivity Tools category.
"PiLoc provides an industry-leading, comprehensive approach to national
language support that is highly-integrated with Palm OS" - said
Larry Berkin, Director, Global Developer Marketing, PalmSource, Inc.
Latvian PiLoc features:
- System fonts replacement to add Latvian characters.
- Alternative Latvian Graffiti layout to write Latvian letters.
- Alternative on-screen keyboard layout for Latvian letters input.
- Special module for external keyboard is included. Allows using portable
keyboards to type in Latvian.
- Correct Latvian text search and sorting operations.
- Optional: full translation of Palm OS to Latvian (all icons, menu, dialogs
of built-in Palm OS applications will be translated). Please, check if your
device is supported at Latvian PiLoc
- Possibility to install and use several localization systems (for example,
Latvian, Lithuanian and Russian).
- Possibility to use custom fonts instead of the default ones: any ready font
can be converted to be installed together with PiLoc with the special Fonts Compiler utility.
- Latvian language support launches automatically after system reset. Program
is protected from cycling reset.
- Supports installation into a Flash-ROM.
Open API allows developers to
change PiLoc parameters from their applications at run-time.
Special utility PiLoc Monitor
allows to configure national language support for each application separately.
Screenshots of Latvian PiLoc
We also recommend you to try Palm OS dictionaries.
Good un solid product.
A reviewer from Riga, 2004-06-08 08:41:19
"I use PiLoc 3 years in old Palm125 and upgrade Piloc for my new Tungsten T3
without new payment. All years I use PiLoc without any serious problems."
Easy to install and work with Palm's
text tools and DocsToGo 4.x
A reviewer from Riga, Latvia, 2003-10-09 23:41:06
"Well working Localization for Palm's:on-screen & external keyboard, interface
translation - practically the program make's Palm as Latvian handheld."