Duden language technology together with its partners in industry and science carries out research and development projects in the fields of knowledge management and computer linguistics. Duden’s spelling and grammar are regarded as trend-setting and leading on the market. The products developed by Duden cover the most comprehensive and profoundly edited word-list.
Duden’s linguistic decisions and technologies maintaining the professional written communication are seamlessly intertwined with dictionary software for PDAs und Smartphones by Paragon Software Group (Smart Handheld Devices Division) the world's leading provider of software for mobile platforms.
Duden’s reference books and dictionaries are specially meant for journalists, editors, students, interpreters, and translators, as well as for everyone else, who wants to write or speak neatly and stylistically correctly.
Paragon Software (SHDD) – Smart Handheld Devices Division of Paragon Software Group is one of the leading developers of innovative software on the world’s software market, presented by several offices in Europe. Slovoed is a series of bilingual and monolingual dictionaries developed to turn the device into a mobile translation and reference tool that is always at hand.
Paragon high-quality dictionary software makes the following Duden dictionaries available on Palm OS devices:
Opportunities you gain with Duden dictionaries for Palm OS:
- Reading books, documents, and web-pages on your PDA you can get word translation, explanation or necessary reference quickly by using the Resident Module without leaving your active application. So you do not need to waste time on launching Duden every time you need it;
- Find the word in any grammatical form with the help of built-in English Morphology Module (for Duden Oxford German-English dictionary): any English word you come across in the text will be translated into German in no time;
- Listen to correct pronunciation of the difficult words with built-in German Sound Module provided by ARD databank, containing audio samples pre-recorded by native speakers; with sound module you won’t hesitate how to pronounce such words like Ayurveda, Baht, Micropayment, Nonprofitunternehmen, Telenovela, volatil, Weblog etc., and will learn about pronunciation variants in such disputable cases as Audit and Magenta;
- Study the language and learn something new and interesting every day in the easiest and most effective way with the Word of the Day feature and quiz yourself with the words you have added to Flash Cards from the dictionary;
- Save memory on your device and install Duden Palm dictionaries to expansion cards (Memory Stick, Compact Flash, SD Cards, MMC, etc).