The reliable companion for school by PONS with 290,000 keywords, phrases and translations!
Do you read and write German texts at school, or need to learn vocabulary for the next test? Do you often look up German words in the process?
The PONS Dictionary German <-> English SCHOOL contains the vocabulary you really need in school which makes it the perfect reference tool for you.
Who can really benefit from this electronic dictionary?
Any students from Year 5 up to graduation.
About the contents:
- Current vocabulary containing more than 130,000 keywords and phrases and 160,000 translations
- Contains the current vocabulary of all school textbooks, plus vocabulary needed for Shakespeare and Sixth Form
- Avoid mistakes and learn systematically with highlighted basic vocabulary, tips on pronunciation, translation and culture
- With usage examples and lots of important information on grammar
- Bi-directional: German => English and English => German
- With IPA phonetics
What can the electronic dictionary do?
- Look up words without switching program! The pop-up function allows you to translate words in emails, web-pages and other documents on your PC simply by hovering the mouse over a word.
- Language recognition technology automatically selects the correct source and target language.
- Pronunciation: Listen to numerous headwords spoken by native speakers.
- Search for English headwords in any form you like (declined or conjugated).
- Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for.
- The full text search function enables you to look up phrases and word combinations as well as individual words. It accesses the entire source language database, including all headwords, example sentences and their translations.
- Find the right spot in a long dictionary entry quickly and easily using the IntraArticle Search.
- Vocabulary lists: Add words that you want to learn to your ‘Vocabulary lists’. Use the vocabulary list quiz as a quick and effective way to learn the words!
- Use the history function to call up your last word searches again – at a click.
- Create a personalized dictionary by adding your own data to the electronic dictionary.
- Whatever your language, the virtual keyboard enables you to work easily with a variety of different alphabets.
On which devices can the App be used?
Windows 7, Windows XP/Vista, 32/64 bits operating systems
Detailed instructions how to install, register and use PONS dictionary for MS Windows are available on the following languages: