Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. The preparation of dictionaries, of all types and for all ages, has been a central part of its activities for more than 100 years.
Oxford for iPhone/iPod touch presents The Concise Oxford English Dictionary, Oxford Beginner’s Japanese dictionary and Oxford Beginner’s Chinese dictionary containing the high-quality dictionary databases and the Slovoed application engine from Paragon Software (SHDD), the world's leading provider of software for mobile platforms.
Two industry leaders have combined their efforts to provide a revolutionary combination of high-quality reference content and state-of-the-art technology for your translation needs.
- English audio pronunciations made by native speakers.
- No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary to your iPhone/iPod touch.
- Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
- Search History of the last 100 translated words.
- Morphology module to translate English words in any grammatical form
- List of similar words in case of misspelling
- Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters
- New feature! Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.