Merriam-Webster is America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works. The company publishes a diverse array of print products. Dictionary making at Merriam-Webster has always been an ongoing process. Even as the 1859 edition was being published, editorial work on a completely new edition was under way.
Merriam-Webster for iPhone/iPod touch presents Medical, bilingual and monolingual dictionaries, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Eleventh Edition—America's best-selling desk dictionary—and Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged.
Merriam-Webster and Slovoed—two industry leaders—have joined forces to produce the ultimate dictionary application for the iPhone and iPod touch. Best-selling, authoritative reference meets state-of-the-art technology to provide instantaneous word power with a click.
- Work offline: just download and install.
- Hyperlink between entries
- Access content fast with low memory consumption.
- Display a search history of the last 100 words looked up
- List of similar words in case of misspelling
- Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters