Moscow/Freiburg – January 2013 – Paragon Software Group, a multi-platform software developer of the world’s most trusted dictionaries and reference applications, announces the release of a free Slovoed “shell” app which gives access to 115 new versions of Slovoed dictionaries for 30 world languages for Mac OS X. Paragon has developed a new way of accessing dictionary content at the Mac App Store, allowing users to test any of its 115 dictionaries free of charge before determining which one to buy. Easy and quick navigation within the app catalog allows users to search for the dictionary that will best suit their language level, skills and needs. Multiple dictionaries can be used in the same shell, with easy switching between them. Slovoed dictionaries are available for all levels and include the most comprehensive and up-to-date content from the world’s foremost lexicographers.
New full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently:
- Enter a query into the input field and Slovoed will automatically build a list of entries containing your query, increasing the probability of finding the right definition.
- Find precise word translations containing a number of usage examples.
- Because full text search supports the morphology, users can be sure that virtually all search queries can be found regardless of misspelling or grammatical word form.
- Additionally, full text search displays search results (dictionary entries) in both language directions at once without the need to switch directions manually.
Four additional search methods allow you to find any word in a number of different ways:
- Headword search
- Wildcard search to find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling
- Similar words search in case of misspelling
- Search within entries to narrow down and quickly navigate larger entries
Additional new features include:
- Translate any foreign words from Safari, Chrome, Mail, iWork or other system apps.
- Input foreign characters with Slovoed virtual keyboard. The dictionary source language will be automatically synchronized with the keyboard layout.
- Language learning tools: use your Slovoed dictionary in conjunction with the built-in tables of irregular verbs, favorite articles, audio pronunciations by native speakers (available for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish and Russian), and conjugation tables (available for English, French, Russian and Spanish).
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.7
Price: The Slovoed shell is free, and dictionary prices start at $9.99/€8.99