PR Director (SHDD & Epocware)
Paragon Software Group
Phone: +49 (0) 761-59018-181
The Al-Mawrid Al-Qareeb Arabic-English and English-Arabic Dictionary from the Oldest Arabic Publisher Dar El Ilm Lilmalayin Now Speaks on the Smartphone
Best linguistic content, host of features, native sound module, fastest definition look-up
FREIBURG, Germany – June, 2009 – Paragon Software Group, the leading software developer of electronic dictionaries for desktop PCs and smartphones, has launched the ‘talking’ Al-Mawrid Al-Qareeb Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionary for the latest series of S60 3rd Edition and S60 5th Edition smartphones (Windows Mobile and iPhone versions to follow end of June 2009). The most comprehensive coverage of vocabulary in the Arabic-speaking world now comes directly from the oldest and largest publishing and distribution house of Arabic books and educational materials – Dar El Ilm Lilmalayin – available in an easy-to-carry format directly on the mobile phone screen.
The dictionary contains more than 33,000 words, phrases and definitions, and English examples of the most difficult audio pronunciations that the user can listen to directly on the mobile device through the audio module.
- Virtual Keyboard allows the user to enter words in Arabic and English even if the phone doesn't support any of the two languages (available only for S60 3rd Edition devices).
- “New Dictionary Online Update” feature notifies the user about new dictionary update versions available for free download
- Built-in Online Dictionary Catalog allows the user to discover new dictionaries and instantly download them directly to the device
- Audio module allows the user to master proper English pronunciation
Additionally, the user can:
- Translate not just words but entire word combinations (available only for S60 3rd Edition devices)
- Add interesting words to flash cards and test knowledge with Flash Card Quiz. The program analyzes answers statistically (available only for S60 3rd Edition devices).
- Find words even if their exact spelling is unknown using wildcards ("*", "?", etc.) (available only for S60 3rd Edition devices)
- Copy entries to the clipboard and paste them into messages, e-mails, notes (available only for S60 3rd Edition devices).
- Read tips and help documentation assisting in translation
- Access irregular English verbs (available only for S60 3rd Edition devices).
- Install several dictionaries with various languages and switch rapidly among them with the activation/deactivation option
- Cross-lookup feature between articles and language directions
- Search History feature to see the last 15 translations
The Al-Mawrid Al-Qareeb Arabic-English and English-Arabic Dictionary is available for 54,95 USD via download from http://www.penreader.com
About Paragon Software Group
Paragon Software Group (Smart Handheld Devices Division & Epocware) offers software for diverse classes of smartphones (Android, BlackBerry, iPhone, iPod touch, Java, Windows Mobile, Symbian OS) and desktop PCs, including multilingual on-line handwriting recognition, localization, business and productivity applications, games, 120 multilingual dictionaries and encyclopedias. PSG has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, and Russia delivering its solutions to consumers through a network of operators, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. PSG provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including HTC, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Samsung, Sony Ericsson.
To learn more about Paragon Software's diverse product line, please visit:
Smart Handheld Devices Division: http://www.penreader.com
Storage Management Division: http://www.paragon-software.com
All products, service and company names mentioned in the release are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.