[October 28, 2009]
Handy Phoneguard Software Secures Comprehensive Protection for S60 Smartphone
Epocware/Paragon Software Group releases Handy Phoneguard for S60, an advanced smartphone protection solution that allows the phone’s data to be locked or completely wiped to prevent unauthorized access and use, as well as sending SMS notifications with the new phone number in case the phone becomes stolen or lost.
Statistics shows that almost half of all crimes committed in the street are mobile device theft. In addition, many people accidentally leave their phone in a store, on a school desk or in a taxi. With any of these scenarios, there is the possibility that someone will steal sensitive data, and use the phone under the owner’s service plan, running up a large phone bill that the owner might be responsible for. Handy Phoneguard minimizes worry and the effects of negative financial impact by providing full-time protection for the data stored on the S60 smartphone. It even assists in getting the phone back by remotely sending SMS alerts with the new phone number — a strong, combined defense to protect the owner’s sensitive, personal data and financial obligation if the phone goes missing.
Handy Phoneguard for S60 key features:
- Autolock after a certain period of time or until the next power on, requiring a PIN to gain access
- Password protection (Calendar, Contacts, Log, Messages, Photos, Videos, Files, Settings)
- Optional protection for chosen applications
- Autolock feature enabled by LOCK SMS, sent from any other phone in order to block access to the missing device and data
- Wipe capability in remote mode activated by WIPE SMS
- SMS-alert sends SMS messages with the new phone number. SMS-alert messages are sent to predefined phone numbers, when the new SIM card is inserted.
[October 26, 2009]
Deutsche Telekom Selected PONS English Dictionary As The Best Mobile Application of 2009
Paragon Software's PONS English dictionary for mobile devices has been recognized with the "Software of the Year 2009" award. "Software of the Year 2009" awards were held by Deutsche Telekom, mobile users of the German operator selected the winners.
PONS Advanced English dictionary supports the following mobile platforms: Android , BlackBerry , iPhone, iPod touch , Java, Windows Mobile, Symbian OS.
[October 22, 2009]
Six Most Popular PONS Dictionaries with Easily Accessed, Comprehensive Translations
Paragon Software Group announces the release of popular bilingual dictionaries by PONS GmbH, a world-known publisher of hallmark green dictionaries and language courses for lifelong learning, available for convenient use on Windows PCs. The newly launched PONS desktop dictionary line includes six popular editions – German-French, German-Italian, German-English, German-Polish, German-Spanish and German-Turkish –valuable additions to reference libraries of both language beginners and professionals providing instant translation or word reference while using the PC. The original PONS dictionaries were adapted to electronic versions for PC user convenience by providing extensive translation or word definitions by simply pointing the cursor over the word in question.
- Authoritative word definition without leaving the active application and switching to the dictionary. Read e-mails, documents, and web pages from your PC and get word translations by simply pointing the cursor over the unknown word.
- Word search in any grammatical form (plural nouns, adjectives, different verb forms) using built-in morphology module.
- Sound modules: listen to the correct word pronunciation pre-recorded by native speakers.
- Instant grammar reference for every word in the dictionary.
- IntraArticle Search allows the user to search definitions within the dictionary article.
- “Search history” and “bookmarks.”
- “Flash Cards” learning function to check user’s knowledge
- “Fuzzy search” and wildcards ("*", "?", etc.) help find words even if you do not remember the exact spelling.
- “Slovoed Online Update” informs users of newly available updates.
- The built-in online dictionary catalog lets users discover new dictionaries and download them directly from the program.
- On-screen Virtual keyboard includes different layouts, which let users enter and translate words and phrases in more than 20 world languages.
- Lists of irregular verbs (available for English and German vocabularies).
- Translation language direction is changed automatically depending on the language input on user’s PC.
[October 16, 2009]
Epocware/Paragon Software Group Wins Two Handango Champion Awards
Epocware received “Best Weather App” and “Best Personalization App” for Handy Weather and Handy Shell software developed for Symbian-based smartphones. Handango Champion Awards, the annual ceremony held by Handango Inc., recognizes the most innovative mobile applications and developers worldwide. For the first time, the best applications in different categories were determined by consumers votes.
The “Best Weather App” and “Best Personalization App” awards were given to Handy Weather and Handy Shell applications, Epocware’s bestselling and most sophisticated software solutions for S60 devices. Apart from the winners, Handy Essentials, Handy Calendar and Handy Safe Pro for S60 and Handy Weather for BlackBerry were also nominated for “Best App” across different categories this year. Since the initial launch of Handango’s annual Champion Awards, Paragon/Epocware has regularly participated and received favorable ratings. Most of the company’s products have already been recognized with the “Best App” award, along with the company award, “Developer of the Year”, received in 2002 and 2005.