[August 19, 2008]
New Slovoed 7.0 Engine with Extremely Fast Browsing, Highly Compressed Content for its Talking E-Dictionary Series on Windows Mobile Smartphones and Pocket PCs
Paragon Software Group, the leading software developer and content provider for mobile devices and PC desktops, releases the new Slovoed 7.0 engine for its dictionary series on Windows Mobile smartphones and Pocket PCs, bringing mobile dictionary browsing to unprecedented levels of speed and accuracy while occupying a minimum amount of space on the device. Developed specifically for each type of hardware, the rich functionality of the Slovoed dictionary can be enjoyed equally on either the Pocket PC or Windows Mobile smartphone without any loss of attributes.
The Slovoed series – from monolingual reference encyclopedias to bilingual translation dictionaries in 30 languages, including Chinese – offers a host of features and learning tools along with audio pronunciations for the most difficult words, which fits every learner’s level and learning style. All Slovoed dictionaries are based on the most reliable linguistic databases, which have been developed through years of extensive research, coming directly from the world’s leading publishers such as Merriam-Webster, Oxford UP, Duden, PONS and Harrap, to name a few. The multilingual on-screen keyboard layout for 30 languages enables users to enter and translate words and letters in different languages, even if it is not supported by device.
Slovoed 7 for Windows Mobile features:
- Read books, documents and web-pages just from your PDA and quickly translate unknown words without leaving your active application
- Find the translation of the word in any grammatical form
- Check correct word pronunciation containing pre-recorded voice of English, French, German, Italian and Spanish native speakers.
- Enter the words on your native language easier using on-screen Virtual Keyboard for more than 25 languages.
- Check yourself with the words you have added to Flash Cards from the dictionary.
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using wildcards ("*", "?" replace a letter and group of letters).
- Keep your Slovoed dictionary always up-to-date. New Slovoed Online Update feature lets you know of updated dictionary versions available for download and you can also set up frequency of update check.
- Discover new dictionaries and download it directly to your device with the built-in Online dictionary catalog.
- Learn how to use Slovoed dictionary with the help of colorful and animated Tutorial in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Chinese Traditional and Simplified languages.
More information about Slovoed 7 for Windows Mobile