[March 26, 2008]
Paragon Software Group Releases Duden-Oxford German-English Dictionary for Mobile Devices of All Popular Platforms
Paragon Software SHDD is proud to present Duden-Oxford German-English Dictionary supporting all smartphones and other mobile devices. The original source, due to the compressing engine developed by Paragon, is now offered in digital format and can be used on all mobile devices, making it light to carry and always at hand. The dictionary can be used on all the most popular mobile platforms, such as Symbian OS (S60 3rd Edition and UIQ 3.0), Windows Mobile (Pocket PC and Smartphone editions) and Palm OS, and requires only 10 MB of memory card space.
Due to Paragon’s state-of–the-art engine, the dictionary’s most comprehensive database can now be browsed rapidly, making a wireless translation for language learners of all levels – effortless. Paragon’s technology makes it possible for mobile users around the globe to work and communicate in languages spoken by 420 million people even more easily. The German-English dictionary contains practical advice on selecting the right idioms used in everyday spoken and written communication.
Additional new features include:
- An extensive database of 300,000 word entries and 470,000 translations
- 8,000 audio pronunciations for difficult words
- The possibility to translate the word in any grammatical form and in any application running on the device without switching to the dictionary program
- Special search for words with unknown spelling using “?” and “*” symbols
- The list of recently searched words
- Multilingual on-screen keyboard layout enabling users to enter and translate words and letters in different languages, even if it is not supported by device (for S60 and Windows Mobile Smartphone)
- Special learning tools such as Flash Cards
(Please note that some features may vary or not be offered, depending on platform.)
[March 06, 2008]
Handy Converter for Windows Mobile – Be Sure in Your Currency and Unit Calculations
Paragon Software (SHDD) released Handy Converter – an easy to use tool that allows to perform unit conversion and even exchange rate calculations directly on devices running Windows Mobile (Pocket PC and Smartphone).
Handy Converter is a reliable resource for world units of temperature, length, weight, area, volume, speed, etc supporting over 50 units and currencies. This application enables instantly and easily perform all extensive unit calculations on the go saving your time and piece of mind.
Handy Converter for Windows Mobile (Pocket PC and Smartphone) features:
- Instant value evaluation while you type – no extra steps to find out the result
- Possibility to convert needed amount of money to up to 57 world major currencies
- Exchange rates are provided by Bank of Canada. For the ease of use, rates are automatically updated daily or you can assign the rate manually
- Possibility to convert different types of size: clothes, shirts and shoes from 7 main international scales. You can convert women, men and kids sizes separately
- Conversions of temperature, length, weight, area, volume, speed, power and torque
- Smart and user-friendly interface without complicated menus
[March 04, 2008]
Handy Blacklist 3.0 – Protection against Unwanted Phone Calls
Paragon Software Group (Epocware division) is proud to announce Handy Blacklist 3.0 for S60 3rd Edition devices on Symbian OS. Handy Blacklist 3.0 protects mobile users’ privacy by blocking unsolicited callers, saving time on unnecessary responses and offering peace of mind.
The application allows users to professionally manage and reject all types of incoming calls from telemarketers, private or unknown numbers, or other intrusive calls, and can be used to temporarily block all calls except those the mobile user designates. The unwanted calls will be recorded and available to view in the application’s call log.
Handy Blacklist version 3.0 special features:
- The program enables effortless privacy protection for smartphone users by blocking unwanted calls while adding senders’ phone numbers to the "Black list," either permanently or for a set period of time.
- Application fürther enables the mobile user to create "Allow lists" – special contact groups whose phone calls will be allowed to be received, while all other contacts are rejected.
- The user can chose a "reject" action to return a prewritten text message back to the caller.
- To ensure that necessary phone calls will not be missed, Handy Blacklist 3.0’s floating indicator on the active standby screen shows whether the "Black" or "Allow" list is currently being used, and displays a missed calls log.
More information about Handy Blacklist for S60 3rd Edition