[December 20, 2006]
German speaking Slovoed for Palm
Paragon Software (SHDD) released version 6.04 of Slovoed multilingual dictionaries that added new brand features: German Sound Module and Portuguese interface.
German Sound Module in addition to already existed English, French, Spanish and Italian Sound Modules enables to listen to pre-recorded words contained in Slovoed dictionaries. Sound Modules will provide you with high quality live voice pronunciation. Just tap a sound icon in front of a word and repeat the pronunciation after native speakers. With Sound Modules you can surely improve your pronunciation that will help you to speak foreign languages with clarity.
Slovoed for Palm summary:
- Extensive wordbases from authoritative reference publishers,
- Word translation in a matter of seconds,
- Translation of any grammatical word form in active application (book, web-page), without switching to the dictionary,
- Special learning features: “Word of the day”, “Flash cards quiz”,
- Possibility to create your own dictionary by adding and modifying word definitions,
- Dictionary is available in 3 editions: Slovoed Deluxe, Slovoed Classic and Slovoed Compact.
More information about Slovoed for Palm OS
[December 05, 2006]
Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary available for Windows Mobile Pocket PC
Paragon Software (SHDD) is proud to present Merriam-Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged for Windows Mobile Pocket PC.
The famous Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary, found in every school and most of home libraries, provides with the most extensive coverage of American English. This authoritative dictionary contains 476 000 entries, 700 000 definitions and numerous illustrations, synonyms, etc. In addition to quickly word looking up and reading its definition, you can listen to word’s pronunciation and find etymologies describing its origins. The built-in morphology module helps to get the definition of the word entered in any form (for instance, plural nouns and adjectives, different verb forms), shows its grammatical info and includes up to 2 million word forms and synonyms for one language additionally to the general word data base content.
Mobile Merriam-Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged offers the following functional features:
- Search of different grammatical forms of the word,
- Word search while working in another application without switching to the dictionary,
- Add-on sound modules, which enables to check correct pronunciation,
- "Word of the Day" and "Card Quiz" special teaching tools, making language study more interesting,
- Possibility to search by several known letters of the word.
More information about Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary for Windows Mobile Pocket PC