[January 21, 2005]
"Slovoed" Dictionaries for Nokia 9500 Communicator
One of the first dictionaries set for new communicator Nokia 9500 appeared. That is
about 150 new multilingual dictionaries “Slovoed” for about 30 languages, for example:
The functionality of new dictionaries includes following standard for “Slovoed”
products features and some recent ones, for example:
- large amount of entries in databases developed by most competent compilers of
local speech communities;
- powerful compression technology, providing fast access to lexical bases;
- comprehensible interface, supporting transcription, color layouts of entries,
syntactic information, inquiries history and possibility of simultaneous
installation of several dictionaries;
- possibility of searching by word-patterns;
Nokia 9500 is the latest model of business communicator on the market for the moment.
And producer of Nokia 9500, Nokia, devoted the most particular attention to its
software. Slovoed for Nokia 9500 was developed by Epocware with intensive Nokia’s assistance.
Within the month the rest of Slovoed lexical bases (German, Italian, Spanish, English
– the best selling ones for S60 and UIQ Symbian OS platforms) are to be
released for Nokia 9500. Also the release of “Slovoed” dictionaries for Series 90
(Nokia 7710) is planned within the mentioned period.