XXI Century Dictionaries are based on the latest research, considering traditional and the most recent Russian linguistic approaches. The dictionaries reflect all changes and processed that have been taking place in the Russian language for several decades. The dictionaries embody scientific breakthroughs in Russian linguistics and provide the most detailed information about a word, illustrating the logiscs and laws of the system, where the word functions. Strict professional requirements for authors, mandatory expert appraisal by Russian Academy of Sciences, highly qualified editorial and publishing preparation provide the highest level of dictionaries.
XXI Century Dictionaries for Android support you with the most detailed translations, offered in an easy to use and powerful application from Paragon Software (SHDD).
What’s New: Easy copy-and-paste functions allow unknown words or phrases to be copied from an active application like the web browser or email to the clipboard, and automatically translated by switching back to dictionary. Translate all clipboard contents – whether one word or several words at a time!
Search and translate Features
- NEW! Three new integrated input methods make dictionary use more convenient than ever. Search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher), take a picture of the text and translate it with Google Goggles, or enter the word in your own handwriting with Paragon’s PenReader handwriting recognition software.
- Look up unfamiliar words in dictionary directly from the home screen! The dictionary provides translations in a Quick Search Box alongside other search results.*
- Russian Morphology module helps to translate words in any grammatical form.
- List of similar words is displayed in case of misspelling.
- Find the word even if you don’t know its exact spelling using Wildcard Search.
- Integrate dictionary with the Flash Cards application and quiz yourself with words you have added from the dictionary.**
- Test yourself with a Word of the day widget on your Home screen. A random entry from the dictionary is changed daily.
- NEW! Manage Word of the day widget settings: select dictionary direction, font size and update period (manual or automatic).
- NEW! Dictionary installation on SD card to save space of your device (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
- NEW! Enhanced customization options allow you to choose background color. Black, white and sepia themes are available (Menu -> Settings).
- NEW! Enlarge or reduce font size for your comfort (Menu -> Settings).
- NEW! Report bugs, request features and send feedback to the Paragon development team quickly and conveniently with the new integrated support feature (Menu -> Information).
- Automatically switching translation directions using the language of the word entered.
- Hyperlinks between related articles and directions.
- Search History feature shows the last 20 words looked up.
- No Internet connection required.
The number of translations in demo-version is limited. The more often you use the dictionary the more notifications about demo version you get. To save you time we’ve provided a new way of purchasing and registering XXI Century Dictionaries for Android. Now you do not need to search for the product on the web, you can purchase it directly from your device. To do this, open the dictionary and go to Menu->Registration->Buy.